WHERE TO LOOK FOR BED BUGS
Based on our years of experience, Gilpins Pest Control has found 70% or more of the bed bugs will be found in the bed, including the mattress, box spring, headboard, and frame. Another 23% will be found in the furniture within five feet of the bed. Another 7% will disperse to other areas, such as behind wall hangings, curtains and under other furniture.
The following key areas are essential during inspections:
- Mattress, including seams and buttons, tags and handles
- Box spring, including plastic guards (remove the material covering the underside and check the wood frame)
- Headboard, bed frame and hollow caster legs
- Beside furniture, drawers, and cupboards
- Other furniture, along seams, buttons, and joints (furniture should be turned over to inspect the underside)
- Behind electrical switch plates and receptacles
- Telephones, clock radios, and televisions
- Under loose wallpaper, picture frames, mirrors, blinds, curtains, and books
If you have a bed bug infestation, call Gilpins Pest Control for service in the Greater Vancouver Area!